If you have leftover scraps from making my Cookie Party Favors or any leftover cookies for that matter, make this easy crumb crust and fill it with my no-bake lemon pastry cream! While this desert looks super impressive, you won’t believe how easily it comes together. The crust for this can be made with any cookies. Nilla wafers, oreos, graham crackers, whatever you like! I used a 10.5 inch pan with a removable bottom. It’s an old pan of my mom’s. It cam in a box with an 8.5, a 9..5 and a 10.5. If you have a smaller pan, you can reduce the crumbs to 1 3/4 cup and use a tablespoon less of butter. Also, you can reduce the cream to 1 1/4 cups and the cream cheese to 6 oz for a smaller pan.
First you are going to crush your crumbs. The fastest way to do this is in a food processor. If that is not available, put your cookies in a heavy plastic resealable bag, then roll over them with a rolling pin or smash lightly with a mallet or heavy spoon. Mix with melted butter or sugar then press into an ungreased pan. To press in the pan I used a metal measuring cup. The bottom of a glass would work just as well. Keep pressing down until the bottom is even, then using both hand, push in with your left hand, and hold the top edge of the crust with your right hand, while going around the crust until you have a nice edge – like this:
So… You don’t even have to bake it. I like to bake it for about 10 minutes because it all melds together and gets a nice crisp to it. Let it cool completely before filling.Slice your fruits, then arrange in an attractive matter on top. Brush with cooled glaze.
And viola! You have an impressive desert with no baking! Your guests will think you went to a French Patisserie to buy this glorious desert!
Here’s a nice variety of some nonstick tart pans from Amazon (10.5 to 11 inches)
The easiest crust, and so good!
- 2 1/4 C Cookie Crumbs
- 1 Stick Butter, melted
- 2 tbs sugar
- Step 1 Crush cookies in a food processor, or in a heave ziploc baggie until you get fine crumbs
- Step 2 Mix melted butter and sugar with crumbs
- Step 3 Press into pan
- Step 4 For crispier Crust, bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees
No Bake Lemon Pastry Cream
A fresh tasting, super easy, no bake pastry cream for pies, tarts and trifles.
- 1 1/2C Heavy Cream
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/4 C sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- Step 1 Beat heavy cream for about two minutes until peaks form. If you are using a stand mixer with whip attachment, watch carefully as it will whip up very quickly.
- Step 2 Slowly beat in cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
- Step 3 Continue mixing until mixture is smooth and you have stiff peaks
A simple clear glaze for fruit deserts
- 2 oz apple or clear grape juice
- 2 tbs sugar
- Step 1 Put juice and sugar in a small saucepan
- Step 2 Bring to a boil, stirring constantly
- Step 3 Simmer for a minute or two until thickened
- Step 4 Let cool 10-15 minutes before using