This week chicken legs were on sale for 69 cents a pound at Stew Leonards! Needless to say I now have a freezer full. I also got a bag of limes on sale and I have two jalepenos in the fridge that need to be used! So I decided to try a chili lime chicken for my first blog post!
Did I mention it is also a one pan dish! Only one pan to clean up and a whole lot of flavor! I made mine with mini red, white and purple potatoes and brussel sprouts because that’s what I had around, but I think it would also be great with carrots.
Just a few pics of that one pan goodness before we get into the simplicity of making it!
First you make your marinade. Pull back the chicken skin and be sure to put the marinade under and over the skin.
You’re going to reserve a quarter cup of the marinade and add butter to it for the vegetables.
One Pan Chili Lime Chicken
A one pan meal the whole family will love!
- 8-10 chicken legs (about 2.5 pounds)
- 8 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 jalepenos seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds baby potatoes
- 1 pound brussel sprouts or your favorite vegetable
- 3 tbs butter
- Step 1 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Step 2 2.Peel back skin of chicken legs.
- Step 3 3.Mix together the garlic, lime zest and juice, cilantro leaves, chopped jalepenos, chili powder, salt, paprika and olive oil. Reserve one quarter cup of the marinade for use on the vegetables
- Step 4 4.Spoon about a tablespoon of marinade under the chicken skin, then spoon some over, laying chicken pieces in pan as you finish them. Pour over any left over marinade and bake for about 30 minutes
- Step 5 5.Melt the butter and mix in the reserved marinade
- Step 6 6.When the chicken has baked for 30 minutes, take out of oven and start heating oven to 425 degrees
- Step 7 7.Toss Marinade with the potatoes and vegetables. Turn chicken over and place the potatoes and vegetables around chicken. Bake for about a half hour then turn chicken and mix up potatoes and vegetables and bake for another 15-30 minutes until potatoes and vegetables and browned and cooked through.